I thought I would bring our Untamed book club questions here so other people can enjoy them as well. Our members felt like they helped them think about the book in a deep way. These questions also generated a lot of conversation, as all good book club questions should do (amirite or amirite?).
You can read the announcement for this book, why I picked it, and more about the book itself and the author right here.
Without further ado, here you go:
Untamed Book Club Questions
- What are your own preconceived thoughts about what your life is supposed to look like?
- When have you personally listened to your intuition?
- What did it feel like in your body when you listened to your intuition?
- How can you continue to create opportunities for you to listen to your own body?
- Have you ever had a physical reaction to another person like Doyle describes from when she met Abby Wambach for the first time?
- Have you ever come to a decision because you gave yourself advice like Doyle does with herself around loving her husband?
- How have you witnessed women being martyrs for their family? This seems to be very common in the pandemic.
- Why do you think Doyle was able to pivot even though her audience was primarily Christian women, and she was now dating (and then marrying) a woman? (PS If you are new to the Notable Woman, this is not something that we would consider problematic, as we believe love is love. Read our community values here.)
- Do you practice anyway to get quiet with yourself?
- What beliefs have you found for yourself that you actually don’t believe?
- Did you already know about how/why conservatives chose social justice issues to rally their base in the 1970’s or was this new information for you? How does that change how you feel about them (if at all)?
- What hard things do you want to do but you are afraid of disappointment?
- In what ways are you becoming an anti-racist? (This is a practice we have to commit to every day.)
- Do you feel like you’ve ever tried to force your life into a script?
And that is that! Those are the book club questions we worked through while reading Untamed.
We would always love to have you in The Society of Notable Women. Request to join today!
And we welcome you to join us for our next book club selection, Caste: The Origins of Our Discontent by Isabel Wilkerson.