In the FIRST episode of The Notable Woman Podcast, Mom and creative life force Tia Shearer Bassett tells us how she lives a creative life.
This is the first episode of The Notable Woman podcast, and I couldn’t be happier to introduce creativity powerhouse Tia Shearer Bassett. Tia acts, writes, directs, and creates all while being Mom to a 3-year-old and supporting the creative work of her theatre freelancing husband, just as he supports her. This creative family leads their artistic life in Washington D.C., and I couldn’t be happier to start off the podcast with this interview. We talk about poetry, theatre, creation, great books, as well as keeping creativity alive, even after kids. Tia’s insights into stress have already been helping me, and I’m also “allowing” for myself a lot more in my own life. Enjoy this great conversation!
IN THIS EPISODE, I EXPLORE:
- How Tia and her director and fellow creative husband find a way to live their creative life
- The many theatres that Tia partners with
- Poetry and why it’s so yummily delicious
- Books, of course
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did creating it. You can listen now, right here from this webpage by clicking the play button below.
EPISODE RESOURCES INCLUDE (affiliate links included):
- The Notable Woman website
- The Notable Woman on Apple Podcasts / iTunes
- The Notable Woman on Stitcher
- Hub Theatre
- Flying V Theatre – Theatre for people who don’t think they like theatre
- Arts on the Horizon – “Baby theatre” or theatre for very young audiences – Learn more in this article from American Theatre
- National Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts – where Tia teaches
- #TheatreWolf – Tia’s hashtag
- New York University (NYU)
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- NPR poetry on Twitter
- Mary Oliver – a poet that Tia recommends for us
- Nutt and Bolt at Arts on the Horizon – junkyard robot play for teeny tinies
- Helen Hayes awards
- Sustainable Arts Foundation – supports artists with children
- Imagination Stage
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (show and book)
- My email tool: Active Campaign
- My online meeting tool: Zoom
- My website hosting fave: Siteground
Tia Shearer Bassett
“I’m not Tia the person, and Tia the Mom, and Tia the creator. I’m Tia. I just happen to do all these things.”
About Tia Shearer Bassett
Tia Shearer Bassett is actor / director / writer / creator living and working in Washington DC. This “Theatre Wolf” works as a company member with the Hub Theatre, Flying V, and Arts on the Horizon, where she often creates her own “baby theatre” pieces, and as a teacher at the National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts. She is currently gearing up to perform in Imagination Stage’s production of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
Connect with Tia:
If you liked this episode, check out:
Support the podcast
People like you keep The Notable Woman alive through your Patreon support! There are great perks at every level, starting from just $2/month. Join me at www.patreon.com/thenotablewoman.
Leave a voicemail for The Notable Woman!
Call my Google voice number at (213) 538-2310 and leave a voicemail, and you might just find yourself in the next episode of The Notable Woman!
The Notable Woman Website
If you’re viewing these show notes from one of the platforms the podcast is distributed to, head on over to the website at www.thenotablewoman.com for more resources, additional episodes, and more!